Thursday, January 22, 2009

Snappy Birthday

How CUTE is that saying?!?!  And Marsha's (Marshaspeck50 on SCS) card was too cute NOT to case!  I ADORED it!  And apparently my family agreed, since this is ANOTHER one I have NONE left of, so my description of supplies may be sketchy.... She has a wonderful selection in her gallery and her blog is inspirational!  Please visit both and leave her some comments to show her how much you enjoy her creations.
ANOTHER set I LOVE (I guess that's wh I signed up as a demo!  LOL) - Crab & Company.  My base is Chocolate Chip and I stamped my first layer in Wild Wasabi (retired In Color) using the On the Spot background stamp (retired).  I also added a band of Groovy Guava double-stitched ribbon under my image.  Next I stamped my image's mat in Groovy Guava using the Canvas background stamp (retiring January 19).  Then I stamped my crab (Crab & Company - retiring January 19) and clam on Very Vanilla in Close to Cocoa and colored the crab using the Rose Red marker and a blender pen.  The clam is Creamy Caramel, but I "colored sloppy" to give it that real look (it's a dog clam after all).  For the "sky" I used the blender pen with a bashful blue marker and the "sand" is the same Creamy Caramel, but with the blender pen.  Finally I added my sentiment (stamped in Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla, rounded corners, inked edges in Chocolate Chip, and stapled a piece of Wild Wasabi ribbon to the top) and 3 Very Vanilla buttons.

And again, if ANYONE has any coloring tips, please let me know!

1 comment:

Amy Johnson said...

This is really cute! I love this stamp set and almost bought it before it retired when it was on sale, but didn't.