Monday, January 19, 2009

Big Soft Sky

I LOVE this one too!  LOL  I guess that's why I picked all of these - because I LOVE them!  I SO wish I had the sheer ribbon that Amanda (acable on SCS) used on her card!  But once again I was limited to what I had on hand, so I want to REMIND ALL of my family HOW MUCH I love them - I used up almost ALL of my RETIRED Chocolate Chip SATIN ribbon to make these!  Please visit Amanda's SCS gallery and her blog!  She's a fellow NC resident!
I wish I could post this as EXTRA LARGE!  It's SO pretty!  This is the Big Blossom (retired) stamp that was part of Sale-a-bration a few years back.  I loved it then, loved it when I used it to stamp Emma's walls, and love it now!  The base is Chocolate Chip, next layer is Baja Breeze with the sentiment stamped in the same, then the Soft Sky Big Blossom stamped on Very Vanilla.  Then I punched 2 holes in the middle of the blossom and threaded the ribbon to be tied.

And a few tips - I cut the Very Vanilla to the size of a card front before stamping to minimize the amount of paper used.  Also, I suggest to anyone getting a card with a dark base like this that they cut a piece of copy paper to the 4.25x5.5 size and write on that.  This has 2 purposes - first, obviously, is so the writing can be read, and second, the card can be RE-USED!  I actually do this with ALL my card, no matter the base color!

No comments: