Wednesday, January 16, 2008

From my Open House/Crop

Well, here are some cards I made for my Open House/Crop this past weekend. I picked 5 techniques to highlight and made everyone got to make the cards they wanted! It was VERY nice. The techniques we highlighted were Stamping on a candle, markers, emboss resist, rock 'n' roll, and explosion books. It ended up that the people I had signed up for the explosion book saw how much fun the candles were and changed their mind! LOL Fortunately, I ALWAYS have candles on hand! Hopefully, I'll get pics of them later!

Now the card I posted last time is the emboss resist we made. BIG hit!

The next one is from the Rock 'n' Roll technique. I had trouble coming up with one because usually it's done with a solid image, but I don't have any solid LARGE images right now. I asked over at SCS and Chris (cdjkssss) came to my rescue with this great card! She used Priceless, True Friend, and Tres Chic. Well, I don't have the last 2, so I improvised! I used Priceless and Time Well Spent. Since I don't have ANY background sets (working on resolving this), I used ribbon to fill in the area to the right of the image. This was the Chocolate Chip Taffeta. I also changed the colors slightly. Chris used Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, and Whisper White. I used So Saffron, Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise, and Whisper White. Also, Chris used the ticket corner punch, which, again, I don't have, so I improvised with the 1/2" circle punch. I had to work with what I have! Michael limits my spending! LOL

Finally, I have the sample I made for markers. I knew what set I wanted to use... HELLO Heartfelt! LOL I LOVE this set. I had seen a card at SCS where the stamper (sorry I can't remember who) had used Le Jardin. Well, I had some I couldn't use (not my style....) And I think this turned out nicely. The colors are Always Artichoke, So Saffron, Soft Sky, and Very Vanilla for the cardstock (this scan doesn't do it justice!) and Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, Old Olive, and Always Artichoke for the markers. The ribbon is the Bashful Blue Taffeta ribbon.

The Open House/Crop went nice! We had pizza, veggie plate, Michael's cheese dip, Nilla Wafers, Goldfish, Chocolate Chip Cookies, watermelon, and a Pumpkin cake that was REALLY yummy! We did our samples and others worked on projects - Katie was making birth announcements for her soon to be here daughter, Elizabeth was working on birthday cards for the year, and Jennifer was pounding away at her scrapbook pages! We had 6 people total, but 2 were new stampers (Hi Lynda and Kathy!) and one was just getting over a bug (hugs Meg!), but wanted to come sit with us for a little while!

OK, that's all from that! I'll be back shortly to share pics of the kiddos!

2 comments:

Chris Simon said...

Great job! I love the modifications that you made to use what you already had! I hadn't even thought of Time Well Spent for the rock and roll technique. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.