Monday, October 1, 2007

Pink for October!

Yes, I have gone PINK for October! This is to raise awareness and in honor of my mother - my best friend and strength! Unfortunately, I have been touched too many times with breast cancer.

My great-grandmother (my father's mother's mother) passed away from it after having 2 mastectomies and getting it a third time when it metastasized in her body. Then my cousin on the same side passed away from it. THEN my mother was diagnosed 2 years ago. She stayed strong and persevered! After 6 chemo treatments and 2 years, she is cancer free! YEAH! Then last year, my mother-in-law was diagnosed. And after 6 chemo treatments and radiation, she is currently cancer free - she will be passing her 1 year mark VERY soon. Her hair is coming back now and it's very curly!

Here they are - the 2 strongest ladies I know! I love them both SO much! So this month is for them! Love you!
So here's my "lecture" - DON'T FORGET YOUR MONTHLY SELF EXAMS &/OR SCHEDULE YOUR ANNUAL MAMMOGRAM! I already have MINE scheduled!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Thanks, I went pink, too, on both my blogs! Sorry to hear about your great grandma. Thanks for lecturing us as well!

Unknown said...

Good for you!!! My grandmother on my dad's side died of breast cancer and my mother was diagnosed and treated 14 years ago. She is cancer free and thriving! You have inspired me and I'm going pink this month also!

Keep on stampin'!
Deb G.
http://debgerlach.typepad.com