Thursday, September 27, 2007

Pics of previous work

Well, I made 10 cards for a basket I am donating to the hospital for a fundraiser they hold annually for employees. I would post the cards, but most of them were VERY CASEd from people on SCS! So needless to say, I don't want to upset anyone by posting my version (OK, but not as good as the original) or their work (beautiful! Why else would I CASE it?)
So to make up for it, I'm going to post some other stuff.

This is a candle I made for a workshop I did in July. I LOVED the color combo. I got the combo from www.scraptitude.com/colorcombo. It is Only Orange, Glorious Green, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, and Apricot Appeal. NOT something I would have picked out myself, but I liked the way it looked when I did the "surprise me".

This one I made for another workshop that ended up getting cancelled (I seem to have that happen a lot....). VERY simple, but I REALLY like the way it turned out!

Now this card was kinda a case (saw the layout, but I changed it). I made 10 of these for my god-daughter who came to visit this past April. Her name is Laura (hence the L). I used the Polk Dots and Paisley stamp set for the background (I wouldn't suggest coloring on the stamp when you have multiple cards to make! LOL). I colored in the area in the paisleys with a white gel pen. Color combo is Green Galore, Ballet Blue, and So Saffron.

Now this card I just wanted to try something I had seen on SCS - making a flower with the paisley from Polka Dots and Paisley. This is nice, but not my favorite. Color combo is Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, and Pink Passion (one of my favorite combos).

This is a layout of my daughter at Easter that I did recently. I LOVED the way it turned out! Simple color combo - Basic Black, Whisper White, and Yoyo Yellow. Most of the doodles are by hand - once I got started I couldn't seem to stop! LOL The flowers are from Delight in Life. I thought they gave it a nice touch and blended in well stamped in Whisper White Craft ink.
Just a couple more! These last 2 are a couple layouts I made to show a stamp's versatility. For the USA one, I stamped 3 Big Blossoms - Real Red, Gold, and Brilliant Blue - all craft ink. Then I cut the flowers out and layered them. Then I cut the petals into strips (not all the way in, but close). Then I "roughed" them on the edge of my table. I added the metallic strips in red and blue and punched out a stamped star from Starstruck. The rest of the layout is pretty self-explanatory.

This last one used the same technique as before, but I made a sun out of it. There's a yellow button in the middle. The only thing I would've changed on this one is I think I should've used 2 different colored flowers for the sun instead of 2 of the same color. What's great is even though the Big Blossom is retired (SO SAD!) Stampin' Up! gave us Pick a Petal which can be used in a similar fashion!
Well, it's getting late! I hadn't planned on writing this much, but my computer FINALLY decided to let me into Blogger, so I thought I'd better take advantage of it while I could! I hope to post a LOT more this weekend - Michael is letting me scrap WITHOUT the kids this weekend! YEAH! We'll see how that goes....

1 comment:

Jules said...

Very nice cards & candles, beautiful!