Monday, September 3, 2007

WOW!


I'm amazed! LOL Someone saw my little ol' blog! Well, now that I know someone's looking (I have NO CLUE how to add a counter or add those SUPER pretty backgrounds and features), I thought I should post another card and change things a bit :D SO I've added a picture of my daughter and mother sitting on the front of the boat. I KNOW summer's almost over, but I want to remember the good times!
Speaking of which, I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL and memorable Labor Day! Mine was horrible! We went camping to a campground we'd never been to. It was DIRTY, there was a DEAD SQUIRREL on the site next to us, my camera decided it didn't want to cooperate (so I have NO pictures of our trip - kids in the ocean, swimming, NOTHING), we canceled ALL outdoors plans because it was supposed to storm all weekend (couldn't cancel the trip without loosing the entire cost, then NO storms, just cloudy!), the sewage hose for the camper split (so Michael got sewage sprayed ALL OVER HIM!), the kids were terrors (OK, more Angelo and less Emma!), and we went to a place for dinner that ended up being WAY more than the other similar places in town because Michael thought they'd be cheaper! So pretty much if it COULD go wrong, it DID!
Anyway, this card is one I made recently for a demonstrator Christmas card swap. I liked the technique on page 34 of the Stampin' Up! Fall/Winter Collection 2007, but the color combo on page 36. So I gave it my all and this is what I came up with!
Forgive me for not posting more cards. I'm "shy" when it comes to my designs. My mother likes them, but then, she's partial! I'm going to try and do better. I have 2 "Congrats on your pregnancy" cards sitting on my desk right now. I need to scan them in and post them because they turned out really nice :D I'm just scared that I'm going to post something that I saw MONTHS ago SOMEWHERE and not give the original designer proper recognition....... So I'm going to say now, I visit SplitCoast Stampers and like to look at blogs. If you see anything here vaguely similar to your own and I didn't mention you, I am SO sorry! Let me know privately and I will remove it or give you recognition.
Well, Michael's asking me to go down to bed, so I'll end my ramblings for the night. Hopefully, I can get on again soon to post more.

2 comments:

Reality Show Reject said...

Sorry you had a bad weekend camping. My DH and I love to camp. We've got two weekends in October planned already. Hopefully everything will go as planned. Good luck on winning my blog candy!

Jules said...

I love your cards!