Friday, February 22, 2008

DREAM BIG!

YEAH! I CAN make a card without the Priceless set! LOL This card was made for Stephen Nelson (see the link in the post below).

To make this card, I started with a Sahara Sand base, and added a 2.5x5.5 piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock with some Satin Ribbon wrapped around it. I then stamped my {DREAM} in Bravo Burgundy slightly above the Chocolate Chip. Next I inked up my Christmas Tree from Wondrous gift with Handsome Hunter. I then placed my big stamp from Think Big on that stamp (kissing technique), this is what gives the letters the squiggles. I then moved straight to the Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped my word. Next, I outlined the letters with Bravo Burgundy. For the distressed edges on the Very Vanilla, I took a pair of scissors and opened the blades slightly and ran the paper across the intersecting area. I found for best results I had to hold the paper at an angle and pull it DOWN on the blades... Once that was done on all 4 sides, I inked the edges of the paper with Bravo Burgundy (to ink my edges, I place the paper in the trough around the edge of the inkpad and swipe the paper around). This was matted on the Handsome Hunter and pop-dotted on the card. I hope he likes it!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

That's cool! How neat to get to have lunch with the president. I like your new blog colors!