Saturday, March 15, 2008

TWO CARDS OF MY OWN CREATION!

As far as I know I didn't case these from anyone! LOL That doesn't mean I didn't see something similar MONTHS ago and unknowingly implemented it here! So here they are! I'm trying to decide which one to do for a swap I have in a couple weeks. ANY SUGGESTIONS as to which one to use are welcome! LOL I like them both!
Both use Pretty in Pink as the base and Mellow Moss, Barely Banana, and Perfect Plum as accent colors.
This one uses the Always stamp set (I LOVE this set! I just got it!). I stamped the heart in versamark, then using my Stampin' Pastels, I tapped my applicator randomly over it with the Mellow Moss. Once I had a few spots of that, I applied the Pretty in Pink pastel! I like the look of the heart :) I then cut the square (originally 2.5"x2.5") in half both ways, mounted the 4 squares on a square (3x3) of Perfect Plum and, using my Mat Pack, pierced down the middle. The sentiment is stamped in Perfect Plum Craft ink and embossed using clear embossing powder. I also added some natural hemp twine to tie it all together!
This one is using the A Beautiful Thing stamp set (another new one I LOVE!) For this one I stamped the flower in versamark and added the Pretty in Pink and Perfect Plum from my pastels again. I mounted each of those on Barely Banana and mounted THOSE on one large square of Perfect Plum. Using my mat pack again, I pierced down the middle both ways again. For the sentiment, I used my markers and colored it Mellow Moss (small words), Perfect Plum (Life), and Pretty in Pink (little flower and swirly). Then I mounted that on Mellow Moss and added it to my card with dimensionals. At the bottom I wrapped a piece of Mellow Moss taffeta ribbon and tied a piece of Whisper White taffeta to it. This one takes more time than the other....

Well, I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These look really amazing.

They'll be sure to sell if they were mass-produced but it's really amazing how you're really personal with the cards that you make.

Peace.