Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sweet Niah


I just got the following new about my niece, Niah (pictured above). For those of you who don't know - Niah was born with ASD, VSD, and Truncus Arteriosis :( Pretty much, the top chambers, bottom chambers, and artery entering her heart were each combined (so the top chambers were actually one chamber and the bottom was the same). She had open heart surgery 2 months after she was born - Thanksgiving 2006 to be exact. This has been a tough road for my sister, but she has shown AMAZING strength through it all! So, please, after reading the following, say a prayer that sweet Niah be healed by His hands.

Well, we have just come home from Niah's appointment. She is now over 20lbs. They have "uped" her medications again to coinside with her weight. We got the news that we knew would eventually get. :( She will be going in early March for a cath. to get a more accurate reading of her heart pressures and they will also do a echo. to get good pictures while she is sedated. From what has been expained to me we will be going home the same day. I will just have to restrict her activity. Unfortunately Niah is not a candidate for a stent b/c of her valve calcifying. It won't do much good. We are most likely looking at another open-heart sugery a short time after they do the cath. We will know more, time-wise after they get a good pressure reading. It was the dreaded words that I knew where coming and tried to prepare myself to hear but, nothing makes hearing that easy. It doesn't matter how much you "prepare" yourself.


1 comment:

Peggy said...

Oh what a pretty little Angel! I will add Niah to my prayers.