Friday, February 15, 2008

Welcome card for new neighbors

I JUST realized that we are getting new neighbors. The house across the street from us has been on the market for NEARLY a year! Well, earlier this week, during the heavy winds we had, the sign disappeared from the front yard. Michael and I didn't know if it has blown away (our trash can nearly did and the 4 days worth of trash IN it DEFINITELY did!) or if the house had sold (there was never a SOLD thing on the sign). Well, tonight I came home to 3 cars in their driveway and people PAINTING inside! We haven't been over yet, but I made this card so we could go welcome them properly. SUPER easy and fast! I'll list the details below the pic!
The base is Whisper White. I used Time Well Spent and Warm Words stamp sets. For the big flower I stamped it in Versamark and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I used my Stipple brush to put Yoyo Yellow, Pretty in Pink, and Pink Passion ink (squished the inkpad to get ink in the top) over the embossed image. Then I used a papertowel to wipe away the ink from the image (hence, emboss resist). I stamped the stem in Chocolate Chip and the leaves and sentiment in Gable Green (an oft forgotten color). Then I used my newly purchased (and VERY loved!) mat pack to pierce the paper in a square around the sentiment, down the stem, and around the leaves. Like I said, very easy.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

How pretty! You are so nice to welcome your new neighbors with a hand made card. Gee, you don't get a lot of that around here:( When we moved in, we had a truck delivering a new bed the same day and our neighbor came over very angry asking us to get the truck to leave as it was blocking her space. No welcome, hello, my name is...
Also, we bought our house when it was new and this neighborhood was all new.. and the building company gave everyone a welcome basket, but they forgot ours!
Looooooong story short, your new neighbors are blessed to have you as their neighbor:)