Sunday, August 10, 2008

Always birthday

 
I like the way this one turned out!  This was actually a rushed card made in about 20 minutes before running out the door!  It was for Michael's uncle, who I know, but not well enough to make a card for!  LOL  I saw my Creamy Caramel paper sitting next to the Bordering Blue and liked the way it looked, so I started there.  The colors are Chocolate Chip, Bordering Blue, Creamy Caramel, and Ruby Red.  I stamped the bird in Chocolate Chip craft ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then colored the details in with my Ruby Red marker and inked the edges with Ruby Red.  I thought that layer needed a little more color, so I sponged on a bit more Ruby Red.  That was then matted on the Creamy Caramel.  I distressed the edges with my distressing tool and matted that on the Bordering Blue and distressed those edges too!  Next, I added the hemp twine.  I took 3 lengths and knotted them in the middle.  I then wrapped the ends around the card and secured them.  The image was then added on top with dimensionals.  I also added a sentiment inside (I didn't like the way it looked on the outside) using Warm Words (currently on the dormant list - available for purchase, but not in the catalog) with Ruby Red ink.  I distressed the edges of that as well and inked it in Bordering Blue.
Enjoy and I hope to have more for you soon!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

CUTE card! I LOVE the new look of your blog!