Monday, November 26, 2007

Another Priceless Thank you!

OK, if you haven't noticed, I LOVE this set! LOL I have won a couple of blog candies recently and last week I sent out some extras of my thank you card below. But I feel bad sending everyone cards they've already seen (I know it's STRANGE, but I've heard of some who keep logs of what IMAGE they send someone year to year for Christmas, so STRANGE is in the eye of the beholder) or know are "old".

Anyway, here's my latest. I was going to use the same basic idea as the last, but turn it sideways and put the flowers in the opposite corners. Problem is when the square is turned sideways, it doesn't fit on a standard card! LOL Not sure HOW I forgot that, but I did. But I REALLY liked how the corners turned out (what you see here behind the butterfly). THEN I decided to change the flower to a butterfly (I've seen one swirly behind a butterfly, but not sure if I've seen 3 like this....). Then when I was looking at placement, I wondered....WHY do we always insist on putting the squares at nice angles, why not at an odd angle? And finally the Thank you is stamped in the upper right corner....I think it balances the card. I also think this is a nice, simple card.... not much work involved. Now I'm off to try other ideas!

Oh! And the colors are Mellow Moss, Perfect Plum, Almost Amethyst, and Whisper White. I also used versamark to stamp and emboss the butterfly (I used versamark and classic ink).

Alright, so I'm not gone yet! I was just looking at this! The more I look at it, the more I like it! The PP square looks like one of those old decoder things.....Like it's showing you the swirly coming out of the base. Sorry, I'm rambling and sounding silly.... Anyone understand what I'm trying to say?

1 comment:

Marcia Francois said...

I don’t know if you’ll remember but you entered a giveaway on my organising blog for a virtual organising session and I asked you to tell me your biggest organising challenge.

You said that your biggest challenge was in organising paper. This is one of the most common questions I get asked so I wrote a book to help you. I wanted to let you know that I’m giving you 20% off!

It’s called 7 easy steps to organise your office. The principles work whether for a home or business office and you can read more about it at http://takechargesolutions.org/oyo.html and get your copy at http://tinyurl.com/2bncn2. You need to use discount code office to see the discount at checkout.

Happy organising!

~Marcia~